Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

Manicure Weekend: Essence - The Boy Next Door


When it comes to weekend, I'll opt for crazy color for my nails. This true blue color is from Essence - The Boy Next Door. I got this from Watson at RM8.90 if I remembered correctly. 

Blue color is quite tricky to wear. It would make your fingers look darker if you get the wrong tone. I've tried a few blue tones but couldn't get the correct ones until I read an article from Beautylish. Here are the tips: 

  • Fair Skin Tone - you could opt for lighter shades such as baby blue, aqua, or light pastel blue
  • Medium Skin Tone - like most of us Asian skin tone, you could go for those blue colors with warmer undertones
  • Dark Skin Tone - Navy color such ask dark blue, or dark blue-grey would be appropriate. 

For details, you could go to Beautylish and search for the title Best Blue Polish For Your Skin Tone. 



Back to this nail polish that I'm wearing. It's a blue color with a warmer undertone. So, it suits my skin tone. My fingers won't look darker or reddish. Here, I applied 1 layer of OPI Natural Base Coat, 2 layers of nail polish and finished it with 1 layer of Seche Vite top coat.

I pretty like the brush of this nail polish. It is slightly shorter and flatter than the normal nail polish brush. The edge of the brush is rounded and it's easy to apply. And, the best part of this nail polish is that it don't really stain my nails. Majority of blue colors will stain your nails and the removing process takes longer time than other colors. For this, I don't face these problems. I've wore this for a week time previously and hey, no stain and no problem removing it.




However, there is a down side as well. This is my second time using this nail polish but it had started to show signs of drying up. Goop! It was kind of difficult to apply. I wonder whether it is the packaging that caused this. When I first opened the bottle, I felt that the packing is not air tight enough for a nail polish.  


Anyone using Essence nail polish in a different packaging? Do you face the same problem that I'm facing? Share your thought in the comments. I would like to find out whether it is the packaging or the nail polish itself or it's me that didn't take good care of it.  

No comments: