Pages

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Nude Nails Are Back In A Different Way


If you did pay attention on the recent runway programs, you will notice NUDE NAILS ARE BACK! This time, in a sheer looking way. From New York Fashion Week to Paris Couture Week, runway models were wearing barely noticeable nude color nail polishes.   



Photos from Pop Sugar Beauty and Glamour Beauty 

In order to achieve the barely noticeable nude nail look, opting for sheer beige or sheer pale pink nail polish would be a good choice. Well, basically any color of sheer nail polishes are all suitable. The reason for not choosing a creme nail polish is because creme couldn't have the translucent effect as sheer nail polish does. 

Below are some sheer nail polishes that I managed to get from my current stash. 

First one to go is Nail Beige (No. 35) from Lioele. 



Just like it's name, Nail Beige is a very sheer beige color. Here, I've applied 3 coats so the effect is slightly opaque but the translucent effect is still there. To achieve the barely noticeable nude look, 1 or 2 layers of this varnish would definitely sufficient enough. 




I pretty like the quality here. It had lasted for 1 whole week without chipped. I've purchased this at below RM15.00 sometime last year and the condition is still as good as a new bottle. So, definitely worth the price. =)

Up next is Don't Burst My Bubble from OPI's Oz The Great and Powerful Collection. 




Woo... love love this color sooo much. It's a sheer pale baby pink. So lovely! It was kind of frustrating taking photos for this. All the photos just couldn't do it justice! =\ But trust me, this color is a 100% match for a nude nail look. 



Here, I applied 3 coats and again, it looks slightly opaque. Don't blame me for this, how should I know nude nails will come back, I applied this few months ago =p. I guess I will do another separate blog for this lovely color. Hopefully I could get the right color for the photos. And of course, I'll do 2 coats to get the nice nude nail look =p. 

That's all I have in my stash that I could share, not that much of sheer varnish but more to add on. I've just ordered another one from OPI and it is on its way =). 

Not enough of sheer nails polish color info? Well, here are a few more sheer colors that I have in mind: 
  • OPI - Barre My Soul from the New York City Ballet Collection. A soft sheer beige. 
  • OPI - Don't Touch My Tutu from the New York City Ballet Collection. A soft sheer white. 
  • OPI - You Callin' Me A Lyre? from the New York City Ballet Collection. A peachy sheer pink. 
  • OPI - Care to Danse from the New York City Ballet Collection. A soft sheer lilac. 
  • Essie - well, they have lots of sheer colors. Vanity Fairest, Rock Candy, Allure, Sheer Bliss, Happily Ever After, and the list keep going on. 
  • Orly - Sheer Nude. A sheer beige. 
  • Deborah Lippmann - Naked. A super sheer beige.  
  • Chanel - Ballerina, White Satin.  Both soft sheer whites. 
  • Etude House - PK006. Sheer peachy pink. 
  • Skin Food - Yogurt Drink (No. 1) from the Fruit Drink range. A sheer whitish beige. 

Haven't had enough? Well, do some homework, google up! =p

Alright, happy searching for your new nude nail look peeps. 



No comments: