Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

Sephora Collection: Color Hit Nail Polish - Red Berry Smoothie


I am loving this gorgeous color from the Sephora Collection - Color Hit Nail Polish in Red Berry Smoothie. It is a warm medium purple with red undertone. In another word, violet. I never have a violet color in my collection so this color is kind of unique to me. 


This color is not too soft as pastel colors do, not too striking as red colors and not too dark as those vampy colors. It is just nice and hit at the right tone that is so feminine, edgy and fun at the same time. Wearing this color is just like being low profile and yet managed to create the attention. 

The formula is pretty good, smooth in application and drying time is pretty fast. 1 coat is good enough for full coverage but I always prefer 2 coats. As usual, I've applied OPI Natural Base Coat, followed with 2 coats of nail polish and completed it with 1 coat of Seche Vite Top Cost. The color just pops and it is so flattering. I believe this color is really suitable for fair to medium skin tone. 


I find that this color is really worthwhile to add into my collection but there is only one drawback - the rectangular handle that is not handy enough for application and also the size (5ml is kind of small size for the price to me - RM26.00 per bottle). Other than that, I really enjoy wearing this pretty violet color - Red Berry Smoothie from the Sephora Collection: Color Hit Nail Polish. For me, violet is the new red. 




No comments: