Pages

Friday 20 September 2013

Essie - Midnight Cami


It's fun when weekend comes - manicure time! This week, I would like to introduce this cool color from Essie in Midnight Cami.  As its name, this color from Essie is a deep navy blue that is as dark as the midnight sky. It is so close to black color and yet have the blueish tone in it. Black and blue at the same time, just like sapphire. 


As you can see from the bottle, there are some really tiny indigo colored micro shimmer. On the nails, the micro shimmer is barely visible but it had lead to a duo-chrome effect that is so cool. It is not as harsh as gold or silver chrome nail polish but just have the correct metallic glow in it. To me, it is just 1 thin line within rockstar and elegance for this color, depending on what kind of outfit you are wearing. 


The formula is really good and the pigmentation is so rich. 1 coat is enough to apply evenly on the nails with full opacity. I am normally a 2 coats person but I had only used 1 coat here. I had applied 2 coats of OPI Natural Base Coat, only 1 coat of nail polish and 1 coat of my favourite Seche Vite Top Coat. Yes, the numbers of coat just switched. Instead of applying 1 coat of base coat and 2 coats of nail polish, I had done it other way round. Reason being is that this color stains a lot and it's difficult to remove. I applied extra coats of base coat by hoping to reduce stain on the nails. I would say this is the only drawback of this nail polish.

All in all, I really like this Midnight Cami from Essie. Cool color with cool effect. I just wish it doesn't stain that much so that I could apply it more frequent. But, come to think of it, I could actually keep this color longer with me and had it available with me for a longer time, right? Lol, self consoling =p. Alright, that's it for this round, chaos.  




No comments: